Friday, January 20, 2012

Flag Bearers of the Civil War...



Where each soldier falls the next soldier carries on his legacy and walks on with the American flag at hand! "And as Civil War soldiers generally felt their first loyalty to their regiment, the flag of that regiment took on enormous importance. If the regimental flag was captured by the enemy, they would sacrifice their lives to stand behind her and protect her"
I hope to be the flag bearer for the Jacob Kime farm-I do not want the legacies of the men and women who spent time here at this farm to be forgotten. Each person has a special story to tell. I think that it is important for people to know these personal stories. I will carry on "the flag" of the Jacob Kime Farm and the stories behind it! Each day the history at that forgotten place is being chipped away piece by piece! History needs to be protected for the future. If someone doesn't take an interest in doing this, it will be lost forever with no more stories to tell. I would like to share the passion that I have for history with as many kids and their families as I can. I know this is a lot to take on, but I am up for it. I want people to know that this is a beautiful piece of property and I hate for it to be sitting alone with so much to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment